Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Hive mind? New claims that insects are conscious.

Hive mind?  New claims that insects are conscious.

I'll go ahead and put my stake in this.  I think all living things have consciousness.  They exist.  They live.  They die.  They chose.  They have feelings.  Yes, even love.  Have souls...  That idea really got my gears turning for my up-coming comic, Roach Guard.


Art by Dave Bain.  Roach Guard created by Michael K. Wheeler. Roach Guard © 2016 Michael K. Wheeler

Now science is backing up that idea.

A major new research paper published by scientists at Macquarie Universeity suggest that insects are not only conscious, but also exhibit egocentric behavior.  Which may have arisen over 500 million years ago in the Cambrian Period.

Source: Science Alert


No comments:

Post a Comment